Selleys Liquid Nails Direct Stick 700g Sausage - priced per unit Minimum order 12 units
Selleys Liquid Nails Direct Stick – 700g Sausage is moisture curing polyurethane-based adhesive.
Ideal for use in multi-level dwellings to limit impact noise transmission through timber overlay flooring. Bonding timber overlay, parquet and composite flooring, timber, MDF particle board and concrete.
- Meets Total VOC Limits required by Green Building Council of Australia IEQ – 13.2 (V3 2008) for wood flooring adhesives
- Low odour
- Superior bond strength
- Cures rapidly
- Good wet grab an initial hold
- Designed to expand (high-density foam) to maximise the bond footprint
- Sanding can be done the next day
- Low slump – thixotropic product
- No TDI
- Suitable for use in an acoustic timber flooring system. Liquid Nails Direct Stick is ideal for use in multi-level dwellings to limit impact noise transmission through timber overlay flooring.
- Suitable for wide boards.
How to use:
All surfaces should be clean, structurally sound and level to 3mm in 3m. Out of level floors will increase the risk of hollow spots under strip timber overlay
- Liquid Nails VBS Vapour Barrier is recommended over concrete before applying Liquid Nails Direct Stick to prevent moisture migration and subsequent swelling of the timber overlay.
- The moisture content of the slab should be <5.5%, and moisture vapour transmission <15g/m2 per 24hr.
- Grind concrete to remove high spots, surface contaminants and weak surface layers
- Sand timber substrates to remove contaminants such as old glue or surface finishes and flatten any raised joints.
- Scoop or pour adhesive from the pail (or squeeze from the sausage) to the application surface. Only spread as much adhesive as you can cover in 20 minutes
- Only use the trowel recommended for strip flooring. This provides the optimal spacing and height for adhesive ridges for bridging any gaps between overlay and sub-floor and wetting onto the underside of the boards and helps the foaming compensate for slightly uneven surfaces. Refer to Technical Data Sheet for recommended trowel size and coverage.
- Lay the timber overlay onto the prepared adhesive with a minimum of sideways movement using adequate pressure to ensure adhesive contact on each board.
- Fastening (or weighting) is recommended to secure timber during curing.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR TRADE / BULK PRICING & ITEMS YOU CAN'T FIND ON OUR SITE.